Stampin Up Projects

Sunday, October 18, 2009

2 sympathy cards

My cousin Mark passed away from a long battle w/scleroderma (it's a disorder where your skin, joints, organs harden and become brittle). He was a kind, gentle, caring man and such a fighter. We've been attending family gatherings since Wednesday and last night was the wake/memorial.

The first card that I made for my uncle, aunt and my cousins is pretty simple, I finally opened my top note die and I used shimmery green paper. Then I stamped the sentiment and image on w/ versamark shimmer gray ink.

The 2nd card I made for his wife and daughter was for encouragement, I can't imagine what it is like to lose your best friend and spouse and have to carry on. They have been incredibly strong and I wanted to remind them of that and that they will be able to carry on w/o him, but that his memory lives on and that he had left a last impression on their lives forever. I used a popcorn the bear image and colored it w/ my copics- I think it came out decent.

Anyway, life reminds us that it's too short and that we need to constantly tell people that we love them.

Take are and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli,

    Sorry to hear about your cousin Mark. Please have solace that he is with God face to face in heaven, watching over his family.

    God Bless you and your family at this sad time,

    Hugs, Gail W. / San Francisco

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!