Stampin Up Projects

Saturday, June 20, 2009

atlanta 2009








Hi Everyone-
Sorry I've been AWOL lately, but I had to go to Atlanta for a work conference. It was great to explore the sights and learn new things, but it was soooo hot! Attached are a few samplings of Atlanta. I went to the world of coca-cola and played w/ the polar bear character, walked through centennial park (where the olympics were held), went to eat at Mary Mac's tea house for some real southern food and then went to the botanical garden. It was an awesome experience. I'm glad I went to experience the culture and the food. The people there were very friendly (even a homeless man directed me to where I needed to go). I did experience the highs and lows of Atlanta when I wandered inadvertently into a ghetto (saw homeless, dilapidated buildings and someone doing illicit drugs), but being a public health nurse I took it all in and...GOT THE HECK OUT OF THERE. Needless to say my little legs were mighty sore that day.
Anyway, thanks for looking- I'm trying to catch up on my crafts as I need to get my RAK and OCS out and make a card for my friend- hopefully I'll have those to share too. I'll be adding my entire Atlanta slideshow to an online photo thing when I have time.

All in all- go to Atlanta- experience the sights. But go in like March or April or whenever it's not soo dang hot!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellie! How wonderful you had an opportunity to go to Atlanta! That is so far away LOL! The pics are beautiful and you sound like you had a wonderful time and experience. Traveling is always so refreshing and educational. Thank you for sharing these pics as I don't think I'll ever get to visit that place so I'll travel through your pics. Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!