Stampin Up Projects

Friday, January 22, 2010

Some birthday cards and a big THANK YOU!

Hello everyone-
Thank you for your prayers for my mom. She is still in the hospital and may need to have another surgery, so if you could, please continue to pray for her.

Here are some birthday cards I made- I'll break them up so it seems that I have more posts for January LOL ;) Anyway, we have about 23 people in my office and last year we started buying birthday cakes for everyone. As you can imagine that became 1) very fattening since some months we were buying 4 cakes and 2) very costly. This year I decided that I would make cards for each co-worker and have the office sign it. That way it's hopefully more meaningful and less fattening for all.

Someone may decide to buy 1 birthday cake at the end of the month for each month's birthday celebrants so we can still have some sweet stuff- yum! (Cmon, we can't abstain from everything can we?)

Anyway, the first card I made for my friend Nancy, she loves flowers and is our office plant RN (whenever we have a dying plant we will give it to her and she will usually revive it. I remedy that problem by not having any live plants in my space at all- I've managed to kill several ivy plants and bromeliads over the years :P )
I used this swiss pixie stamp (I bought it late last year (like a lot of you) and haven't inked it up until now. I saw some people add dew drops to her wheelbarrow, but I decided to put some flower soft to make it look like she's carrying a floral bouquet. I used a Elzybell sentiment that I got from cute stuff. I also applied chunky glitter to her wings.



The 2nd card I made was for another co-worker. She really likes turtles and lives on a boat, so I decided to use this cute whippersnapper design for her. I used a EK success punch to cut the edges of the base paper and then I glued 1 strip of ribbon at each border before putting the base paper down. I stickled the flower of course :) don't look at the borders for the picture and sentiments too closely- I bought the MS corner and border punch set and am still trying to learn how to use it.



Anyway, it's been nice to start creating some things and I hope to do more. Right now though our main priority is to try and keep mom uplifted so she can come home soon.

Take care and have a great weekend crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear mom my need another surgery. It must be so hard for you to see what your mom is going through. I will keep both your mom and you in my prayers.

    You did a great job on both of your cards--they are adorable. I love that flower soft touch, I must do that too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are very cute! Luv your idea with the flower soft!
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better real soon. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!