Stampin Up Projects

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wedding card for my cousin

Hello!

I hope you all are doing well, I've been busy creating, but haven't had time to post or blurf, so I'm WAAAAY behind.

Anyway, last week Saturday, I went to my cousin Nina's wedding. My father's side of the family is very LARGE! There are about 30+ 1st cousins, 80+ 2nd cousins, etc. It all stemmed from my paternal grandparents who came here from the Philippines and had 8 children.

Her wedding was at the Berenice Pauahi Bishop chapel @ Kamehameha Schools- I went there when I was younger for a wedding and didn't get to appreciate it's grandeur until last week. Everything is made of koa wood of course and the chapel is very peaceful. However, the it does get hot in there.





I took a picture of a trunk of a tamarind tree that was in the chapel. When Princess Pauahi was born as was common practice of the Ancient Hawaiians (they would bury the newborn child's afterbirth (placenta) usually under a tree. Well, when she was born there wasn't a tree growing in her yard at the time, so they planted her afterbirth and then planted a young tamarind tree. This is the tree trunk of that tamarind tree- it is 800lbs. I really love history and I thought that I would take a picture of this to share for those of you who haven't been able to visit the chapel.



Incidentally, only alumnae of Kamehameha Schools are allowed to use the chapel, so it was a special honor to be invited to this wedding.

After the wedding, my cousin's reception was at the "Pink Palace" AKA the Royal Hawaiian Hotel (One of Hawaii's first hotels). Her cocktail hour was held in the lawn overlooking the ocean and Diamond Head. Her reception was held in the lovely monarch room.









Anyway, now onto her card:
I used their save the date announcement for the picture and then decorated it simply. I used a nestabilities frame to cut out the SU sentiment and then decorated it w/ roses that I picked up at Cute Stuff.




I was a great night and it was nice seeing all of the cousins again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these Beautiful pictures. The chapel is awesome. I like the frame you made, what a great idea. I am sure they will treasure it.
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!