Stampin Up Projects

Monday, July 20, 2009

July OCS from Gina and the one I sent her


Hi!
I got this terrific tri-shutter card from Gina! She lives in Michigan and since I live in Hawaii she had to add some Aloha. Thanks for the card Gina- I couldn't wait to post her pic and figured that I'd save time and post my OCS to her. I hope she likes mine!

For my stand up card, I used Fred she Said Emma and sea friends and then I used my copic airbrush system for the background, then I used the cuttlebug bubbles embossing folder (Note to self- emboss the paper first, then airbrush--ha ha at least I learned something!) I used a stencil I made out of the sizzix wave 12" die to airbrush the wave. I actually colored her fin/body w/ copics, and then I tried to add some shimmer by going over it w/ watercolor paint, but it didn't come out so I ended up putting stickles on it for the bling. Some great ideas...don't work out :)
Anyway, thanks for looking and I'll be posting more this week- hopefully :|

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Kelli, I'm so glad I didn't peak first, but got your card yesterday. IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Mahalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I tried calling your ph on the back of the card because I just had to tell you how blown away I was and my daughter just absolutely loved it as much as I did and wanted to tell you what a terrific job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are crazy good! Love all the details on both! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!