Stampin Up Projects

Saturday, March 13, 2010

March birthday card using new techniques

Hello everyone-
Hope you are having a great Saturday! It's a beautiful day out, but it's HOT!--I'd rather have the wind,but not so much of it :)

Anyway, this card I made for my stepmom. She is a card maker too so it had to be special.

I used a SU stamp and I then cut it out w/ an oval nestability. I clear embossed the oval several times using versamark to give it a crystalized effect (note to self, be careful afterwards b/c the embossed surface may crack). The background, I made faux tin tiles (learned it on papercraftplanet.com) and dry embossed it afterwards w/ a sizzix embossing plate. Used a Dandelion designs sentiment for the top of the easel card and used a butterfly I picked up from the stamping expo last year. Used the whimsical words sentiment for the bottom of the easel card and the SU pinking border punch.



She loved the card which I am very happy about.

Anyway, have a great day and I hope to post something tomorrow. I still have 3 more birthday cards to make and my OCS card. YIKES!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I need to learn how to make that easel card. Wanna come & show me? March is a busy BD month for you huh? Thanks for everything the past 2 months, the prayers, thoughfulness were truly appreciated.
    Big Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a lot of love went into this card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!