Stampin Up Projects

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Hi-
I made these 2 cards for my Dad and Stepdad. I learned how to sponge the sky using this tutorial from Whiff of Joy- it's an awesome site to learn about new techniques or ideas. I colored the bear and lake and trout w/ my copics and then masked the image to make the sky. I sponged the blue sky with the Tim Holtz blending tool and SU soft sky and Baja Breeze ink, I didn't quite like the lack of control that I had with the blending tool. But overall I think it turned out okay


I've been admiring the brayered technique of sunset or dusk that I've seen on blogs so I decided to try something similar. So for my stepdad's card- I've used the same technique but I wanted a sunset sky instead. I used SU Yoyo Yellow and Pumpkin Pie to make the sky. I also used SU soft sky,taken w/ teal and sage shadow to make the ocean. I used sponge daubers to sponge the sky this time and I felt more comfortable. I also sponged in the ocean w/ a folded up make up sponge.



I decided to make them smaller cards since I don't know if they'll save them so I like making these cards w/ the nestabilities. :)

Anyway, my Dad and stepmom are in Vegas and they come home tomorrow, so I'll be spending the day w/ my mom and stepdad. hopefully if it's sunny, we'll go up to my step-grandma's house to swim in her renovated pool and then eat Blazing steaks :)

Have a great Father's Day and I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and friends!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!