Stampin Up Projects

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Office birthday card for my co-worker

My co-worker Michelle's birthday is today and I made this card for the office to sign for her. I used this emerging colors emboss resist technique. I think it turned out okay- I wish I had a bigger flower to use as the focal point instead of the hero arts doily stamp, but oh well. I was actually going to scrap the whole idea, but then I decided to cover it w/ Rich Razzleberry and then used a SU wheel to add the flourishes and the background paper started getting better. I also spritzed it a LOT w/ glimmer mists.

I used a spellbinders fancy frames for the sentiment and the happy birthday is from the SU set that came out in the summer mini- I love it, but I just wish it also had a Thank you and Get Well Soon sentiment too. Anyway, I then added some prima flowers that I picked up from Little C's which I spritzed w/ glimmer mist and used my new layered arches MS punch to add the double border. I stamped a butterfly from another stamp set I got (I think it's Inkspirations) and then I colored it w/ SU lavendar lace and baja breeze.



I think all in all it turned out okay- I really like the rich razzleberry color and will probably use that some more :)

Anyway, I hope that she likes her office card. I need to make my card for her this weekend so I'll post that soon.

Take care and have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!