Stampin Up Projects

Saturday, July 17, 2010

"You're Free!"

Hi everyone-
I hope you are having a nice weekend! My co-worker Dayle "retired" (her long term contract was not renewed so she had to leave and since she doesn't plan to find another job, I guess she retired). In any case, we miss her smiling, boisterous laugh and her hard work. She was terrific to work with.

I made this card for everyone to sign- I used a Penny Black image again and then I cut them out w/ my nesties. I made a computer generated sentiment and attached it to the ribbon. I couldn't think of a better sentiment than "You're Free!"

I designed these goodie bags for her favors and my 2 friends Kelly and Yumi (who come to my house for furlough Friday classes) helped me make the bags.
I learned to make the bags at a Stampin Munchkins class I took a while back and then I just re-sized it to make the bag a little smaller.
I used Dandelion Designs stamps and cut them out w/ punches. I used border punches to punch the top of the bags before we assembled them.
I filled the bags w/ mini snickers, butterfingers, milky way, etc and everyone enjoyed it.



Dayle had a nice time at her "retirement" luncheon and we all got to spend some time with her. We're hoping to convince her to come and volunteer for us at some point :)

Thanks for stopping by and come by tomorrow so I can show you what a fun make and take we did on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Love the card & sentiment, too cute!! Nice seeing you today & doing the M & T. See you Friday!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really love reading all of your comments and they are most appreciated!